Japan Karate Association/ World Federation- Tanzania was established in 2007 here in Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania. We are an Associate of Japan Karate Association/ World Federation whose headquarter is based in Tokyo, Japan. We started as a fraction but have grown by numbers. Since inception in 2007, we have been able to conduct Seminars, Adult and Kid’s Tournaments and seen many a Karatekas Grade from belt to belt. Our style is Shotokan Karate and train under Japan Karate Association/ World Federation- Tanzania Chief Instructor Jerome G. Mhagama Sensei who is also the founder of the Association and recognised in Japan as the representative. We have 20 (Twenty) Dojos training under the Association and aim for more. We accept Karatekas from the age of 3 years and over. At the Honbu Dojo (Main training Centre) you will find officials who are also Karatekas with different rankings (belts) ready and willing to assist and support. We also have an accomplished office and all the officials are Karatekas.
- To spread JKA/WF Shotokan Karate to all Tanzanians.
- To open as many dojos (Training Centres) as possible.
- To spread karate not only in the urban areas but also in the rural areas (villages).
- To encourage the youth to practice karate instead of wasting their precious time indulging in drugs, theft or unnecessarily moving around from place to place without a good reason.
- Karate has no age restriction and most important is to educate the society on how disciplined and tame one can become and learn a lot of self-defense technique and how to apply them.
- To find permanent sponsors and hold as many tournaments in a year to motivate Karatekas.
- To be able to participate in all the events outside the country for exposure in our annual calendar and strive to win.
THE KEY TO BE A PERFECT